Saturday 30 June 2012

Update On 7 Days of Juicing, How I'm feeling plus I Had A Rest Day

It has been quite a tough week.  Here's me thinking I'm going to be feeling amazing as I quite radically transform my eating (ok, not necessarily radically, but to me it's quite a big thing) and I feel awful.

I have been juicing for a week now and this means having a sumptuous fruit/veg juice in the morning with added Udo's oil and 'Beyond Greens' for all the good superfoods and essential fatty acids.  For lunch I have a homemade smoothie, with soya milk.   For evening meal we've been cooking rice, stir fry veg and beans/pulses or tofu.  In between, veg/fruit to munch and home made Hummous. 

As I wrote in my last post, all week I have had a constant headache and felt quite yuk really - you get the gist of it here.

I woke this morning with another headache and I just felt quite crap really as I have made some BIG changes and thought I'd feel AMAZING.  

I have now not had dairy or eggs, for 7 days and have been having soya milk or coconut milk instead. This is the main thing for me as I'm considering going Vegan after being Vegetarian for quite a few years now.  I have had no wheat this week either and no sugar (apart from fruit sugar).  Lots of other things I haven't had, but I'll not list them here!

I'm so Chuffed that I haven't had dairy and I do feel better not having it.   

Irrespective of the headaches.  I have persevered and today as we walked Lucy, I could feel it lifting, which is great and for the first time a big relief.  

Today has actually been a great day.  I posted my proof read edits and index for my second book to the editor, hopefully being published end of July (27th) I think.  

Hubby and I went out for a mooch which we haven't done for a long time and we ended up in the ONLY vegetarian cafe/restaurant ONE of only TWO in Liverpool. Can you believe it???  Just one place.  It has been there for years and is called The Egg Cafe - it's a really quirky, cute, veggie space in Liverpool and it was the first time me and hubs had been there together.  We had a lovely lunch - so nice to sit down and just be somewhere where you know everything is made without harming anything that has eyes.

We need more veggie cafes in Liverpool.

Photo in the Rain of my new bag. 
In our mooch around, we visited Sacred Earth and I treated myself to a new bag - as well as a lovely necklace which was in a half price sale.  It's the kind of beaded jewellery I used to make 20 years ago, it's just one long necklace which can be work in many ways and has a little buddha on the bottom.  Love it!




Sorry for the photos, stormy weather approaching.

I got home and felt a burst of energy after our lovely trip out, to tidy up our garden and rearrange some pots, deadhead plants and enjoy the sunshine whilst doing it, which was so welcome seeing as it has pretty much non stop rained.

Have you ever seen a Foxglove so tall - it's over 6ft
This photo was taken after the downpour, but honestly it was just lovely for a few hours!

This was my own little spiritual day of rest as I did nothing that related to work.  You see,  I work 7 days a week, I have days that I do for others in employed work (2) and then I am freelance for the rest and developing my writing, art and healing.  Everything in my life pretty much merges into itself, which does need some extra guiding from me (which I'm working on) and I'm having Inner Wisdom business coaching with Srimati which is proving really insightful.  My purpose is feeling more aligned and I'm clearer.  Contemplating on some really big questions. So to completely switch off today and leave the laptop behind and get out into other stimulating environments has been a great tonic.  

I love BEES, (thanks hubs for helping me to get over the fear of BEES.)
 I took heaps of photos of bees buzzing around our beautiful flowers






Caught this little one just leaving!



Note to self, must take a 'Rest Day' every week.   

Much Love 
Happy Saturday.
Jules xxxx

I have umm'ed and arr'hed over whether to remove the 'art' from jules dolly art and just right now I decided to rename my blog 'Jules Dolly', just Jules Dolly.  I feel that this reflects everything I'm doing in this life.  Writing, Art and Healing plus lots of other things in between.




6 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling the benefits of your dietary changes now. I am still working on mine! How odd there is only one veggie cafe in Liverpool, you'd think in a city that size there'd be loads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine posted on FB that there is one other veggie cafe in Liverpool that I didn't know about, so now there's 2!!! Thanks so much Jen, hope all's ok with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely stuff going on for you Jules - really pleased to hear you are starting to feel the benefits of your healthy eating. I've been trying to reduce my dairy consumption and I admit to finding it difficult, I've started with baby steps, using soya milk on my cereal and drinking more herbal tea but you have been an inspiration here so I may look into how I can push this a little further. So pleased you have recognised the need for a rest day! sounds like you and hubs had a lovely time together. I can't believe that Liverpool has only one Vege Cafe! - sounds like a gap in a market there!! Love your new bag and necklace too :) Your Inner Business Coaching sounds interesting, would like to hear more on that when you are ready xx Jules Dolly, you really are a busy little bee ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always write such lovely things Swirls and I'm really quite heart warmed. As for the dairy replacement, I had tried for quite a while to replace soya milk on cereal etc... and in tea/coffee, but my taste buds weren't really taking it very well.... : / In cutting out tea/coffee, and focusing on the juice, I think my taste buds have changed so now I really love it on my cereal. I stand corrected on the "only one veggie cafe in Liverpool" a friend fb commented and said there's another one, So there's 2! We'll have to check this out. There's a definite gap in the market, I would love to open one, but can I fit it in? Haha! Thanks again Swirls and maybe one done we'll get to meet up again! I'm a busy little bee like the one in my photo. xxx Hope you got to my blog ok, with me changing the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the headaches are starting to lift now Jules. I love all the things on you're new regime but I think if I didn't pad it out with some carbs I end up being on the loo all the time (if you get my drift).
    I've been drinking soya milk for years now and just limit myself to a bit of dairy here and there. As for udo's oil don't get me started - wonderful wonderful stuff!
    A few years ago I invested in a Vitamix machine which if you haven't looked into is like the creme de la creme of juicer/blenders etc and I now have spinach smoothies regularly - sounds foul but is utterly delicious.
    I have to say though nothing beats a spoonful of Nutella straight from the jar ... sigh!
    Hope you soon start to feel lots of the benefits of your new eating regime m'lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes headaches are certainly lifting - juicing through the day and/or having some porridge here and there so it's not all juice. Feel better for it and it's amazing how you can feel sustained on veg juice. Udo's, well, that's just amazing stuff, always been a fan - so I hear you on that one!!!
    Will have to look up a Vitamix - sounds interesting... we're pretty pleased with our Philips so far, it's fine and doing a great job. Love spinach juice, so no that doesn't sound awful... Thanks for stopping by to give me a lovely comment Henny, much love x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...